Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl Sunday

I decided to put this on the record before game time... It is 12:520 PM Mountain Standard Time. I pick the Pittsburgh Steelers, but only by about one touchdown. This is not an easy pick for me, for a couple reasons. First of all, when I was little, in Prince George B.C., all of our American TV channels came out of Seattle. So I liked the Seahawks by osmosis. [The effect in Ottawa, watching Rochester channels, gave me a disgust and disdain for the Buffalo Bills] I just can't get behind Matt Hasselback, though. Who cares? Shaun Alexander was impressive, and I do like former Packers' coach Mike Holmgren at the helm for Seattle. I even like Seattle's owner, Paul Allen from Microsoft, but not an omnipresent figure like Bill Gates (gotta say I like Bill Gates now too)

Then there is the Steelers. I just like the working class teams (Packers, Steelers, Bears, Cleveland Browns... you know what I mean) and I certainly am impressed by young Roethlisberger at QB, in just his second year. Hard not to be. Also, I really like Jerome "the Bus" Bettis, out of Notre Dame. And a few years ago, I liked Kordell Stewart... even though I can't tell you what the heck happened to him. So there you have it.

Steelers by about one touchdown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home