Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sunday December 3rd - Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip "The Christmas Show"


I won't put in any spoilers, because NBC actually airs the show on Monday nights. ButI get it on CTV in Canada and just finished watching it.

Anyway, while it is not up to the power of the West Wing Season I Christmas Episode (I don't know the title, but it was all built around a climax with 'the Little Drummer Boy') [and nothing can possibly top the magnificence of that particular episode] Studio 60's first go at it was pretty solid: with lots of romance, beautiful music with meaning, and an inspiring display of political free speech relevance from an unexpected source, it was a pretty good package. So I take it that was the end.

---

It being December 3rd, and me being in town this weekend, I put up my little Christmas tree in my apartment. The red lights are new, just red, on green, in part because red and green are the class Christmas colours, but, also, symbolically, because red and green may well symbolize the new Liberal ethos under the guidance of Stephane Dion. Bonne chance, M. Dion.

---

You'll also find a photo of Snoopy doing his figure skating in the Charlie Brown Christmas Special, the absolute best Christmas TV of all time, on the screen of my apartment television.

---

Er, that's it. Gotta return to "work week" mode.

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That tree looks like you robbed Charlie Brown. When are you in town?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home